- A Sweet Escape to Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm - 12th April 2023
- A Magical Night with the Phillip Island Penguin Parade - 8th April 2023
- Genting Dream by Resorts World Cruises: Our Unforgettable Family Adventure - 2nd April 2023
If you’re looking for a fun and delicious family adventure near Melbourne, Australia, look no further than Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm. Nestled in the heart of the Mornington Peninsula, this charming farm offers visitors the opportunity to pick their own strawberries, indulge in mouthwatering desserts, and take in the beautiful countryside. In this blog post, we’ll share our personal experiences and tips to help you make the most of your visit to Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm.
Arriving at Sunny Ridge:
We decided to visit Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm on a sunny weekend morning, making the most of the beautiful weather. The drive to the farm was scenic, with rolling hills and lush greenery along the way.
Picking Our Own Strawberries:
There’s something special about picking your own fruit, and at Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm, we had the chance to do just that. We ventured into the strawberry fields, armed with our containers and a sense of excitement. Riley was the happiest as strawberry is her favourite fruit and had a blast searching for the ripest and juiciest strawberries, and we all enjoyed the satisfaction of filling our containers with the freshest fruit possible.
Indulging at the Dessert Café:
After working up an appetite in the strawberry fields, we headed to the farm’s Dessert Café. The menu is filled with scrumptious strawberry-based treats, from sundaes and waffles to strawberry-themed beverages. We opted for their famous strawberry waffles, and it did not disappoint. The combination of freshly-picked strawberries, rich ice cream, and whipped cream was simply divine.
Exploring the Farm Shop:
Before leaving Sunny Ridge, we made sure to visit the Farm Shop, where we found an array of strawberry-themed products, including jams, preserves, and even skincare items. We couldn’t resist picking up a few souvenirs and treats to take home with us.
Tips for Your Visit:
- Plan your visit during the strawberry picking season, which typically runs from November to April. We went in May and we were so lucky to still be able to pick strawberries.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, as you’ll be walking through the fields and bending down to pick strawberries.
- Allocate at least 2 hours for your visit, as there’s plenty to see and do at Sunny Ridge.
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and a hat, as the Australian sun can be quite strong, especially during the summer months.
Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm is the perfect destination for a family outing or a relaxing day trip with friends. The opportunity to pick your own strawberries, indulge in delicious desserts, and enjoy the picturesque countryside makes for a memorable experience that will leave you with a sweet taste in your mouth. So, if you find yourself in the Mornington Peninsula, be sure to add Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm to your must-visit list.