Tender & Juicy Beef Steak under $10 in Singapore? Farmland Marble Sirloin & Rib Eye Steak!
- Should I invest in Bitcoin? Based on Tarots picked by TowkayNew - 25th February 2018
- Tender & Juicy Beef Steak under $10 in Singapore? Farmland Marble Sirloin & Rib Eye Steak! - 9th November 2017
- Eat Like Jack Ma! Awesome Maggie Mee with Seafood Soup at Pasir Panjang! - 3rd October 2017
I have always been searching for a nice beef steak to cook at home as it is more economically friendly. 😆 However, selecting a nice one is really very tough for me. Some of the dilemmas I have are:
- Wagyu vs Angus? But these premium grade beef are very expensive! 😭
- Sirloin vs Ribeye? Till now, I still have the problem deciding which is the better cut for me. 😅
So one day, Candyce messaged me. From the photo that she took, I was like:
Holy! This looks good!
So she bought one to try!
Farmland Australia Marble Steak
When Candyce was back home, I was greeted with this saliva-inducing packaging. But, I am still skeptical about it partially due to the price of $8.75 (U.P. $9.25 which I think is quite worth it). 😬
Turning over, I noticed that there is a small preview window that is putting my judgement to the test! 😂 It is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get! #ForrestGump
Opening the package, I was amazed by the quality of the meat. Even if you are not a pro, you can see how beautiful the pattern is, formed by the meat and the sinful fats. And it is due to such evenly spread of meat and fats that makes a steak juicy and tender! 😋
In the culinary world, they called it marbling due to its marble-like pattern. And marbling is part of the judging criteria to determine the quality grading of that piece of beef. #TodayILearned 😉
I marinated the beef with 1 tsp of teriyaki sauce and pan-fried on a non-stick pan for 1 minute on each side (⚠️more details on how to cook this steak perfectly at end of the post). No oil is needed as the meat will produce sufficient oil during cooking.
I will drool just by staring at the steak!
Still been skeptical about the quality of the meat, upon my first bite, I was blown away by the juiciness and tenderness of the meat!
It’s so tender, I’m gonna die! 😱
When I sunk my teeth into this tender meat, the meat juice will just explode in my mouth. Mmmmm, Mama Mia! I am really drooling now!
Still been a skeptic 😬, I proceed to buy more ribeye steaks of different expiry dates assuming that it will be from different cows, moooooo! 🐃🐂🐄 Again, I am stunned by the quality consistency of these steaks! 😱 I have finally found my true love! 😍 (hope Candyce never read this part 😆)
Ribeye vs Sirloin Steak
Subsequent visits to the same frozen corner of Bishan NTUC Finest, I noticed that there is also sirloin cut for this product series. LOL, Candyce rolleyed coz I realized this far too slow (like the third visit). 😆😆😆😂😂😂
So which is better? Ribeye or Sirloin?
The answer is there are no better cut but a cut that suits you the most! 🤔 #Confusionism
We had a side to side comparison for both cuts and we realized that ribeye is juicier but also more oily. Sirloin, on the other hand, is less oily but also drier. Therefore, if you want to be less sinful, choose sirloin steak!
Another most important thing is both cuts are equally tender! Which brings me to the enlightenment that the tenderness of a beef steak is not really only about the cuts but also the marbling of the meat! 😇
Personally, I prefer ribeye steak as it has more beef juice bursting moments! 😍 Plus I am already a sinner! 😆👹
Other Serving Suggestion
Use it for your homemade Yakiniku Don!
My version above is Japanese Korean Fusion Niku Don! High-quality teriyaki beef cubes and bulgogi pork collar on well-season Japanese steam rice with a final touch of nicely cooked onsen egg. Yummy! 😋
My Method vs Packaging Cooking Method
Packaging Cooking Method:
- Preheat the frying pan using high flame first.
- Place the steak into the frying pan for about 1 minute.
- Flip the steak over and continue to cook for another 30seconds.
- Adjust the flame to low and continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. (Depends on your preference for rare, medium or well done).
- Remove the steak and serve it hot.
- Preheat the non-stick pan using high-heat.
- Place the steak into the heated pan and grill for 30 seconds.
- Flip the steak over and grill for another 1 minute.
- Flip the steak back again and grill for another 30 seconds.
✅You will noticed the significant difference in my cooking method:
- Timing: I personally felt that the timing provided by the packaging is a little bit too long. This will risk having your steak to be overcooked and the meat won’t be tender anymore.
- Additional flipping of the steak: This is a very important step to follow as it will seal up the meat efficiently and thus locking the juice essence within the steak!
You must be drooling now! Dun ask me where I got this steak because it is hidden within this blog post if you read carefully! 😆
Wah shiok leh!
Yeah! It is really very shiok!😋
Any idea if this is real or artificial marbling?